The Maryland capital city of Annapolis has many things for visitors to do and see. There’s the Maryland State House and many other fine examples of historic architecture, plus museums, galleries, shops, and restaurants.
You can watch the waterfront activity at City Dock or take a tour onboard a motor or sailboat, or maybe paddle around the shoreline in a kayak. Plus, there’s the beautiful Naval Academy grounds to explore.
Annapolis Hotels: See special offers.
Park your car, put on your walking shoes, and wander the streets of historic downtown Annapolis. Everything in downtown Annapolis is walk-able. You’ll find plenty of shops and galleries for browsing. Or maybe you’d rather take an organized tour of the city. There are walking tours, trolley tours, boat tours, and even segway tours.
The Annapolis Visitor Center is a good place to start your exploration of the city. It is located at 26 West Street (next to Gotts Court Garage) and is open from 9:00am to 5:00pm. In additon to information, they have a nice selection of items for sale. There’s also a visitor information booth at City Dock.
Restaurants: Visitors have many choices when it comes to finding a place to eat in Annapolis. Popular choices in the historic downtown area include Iron Rooster and Boatyard Bar & Grill. See a full list of places to eat.
Annapolis Videos – The folks at Visit Annapolis have put together a very nice set of videos that let you take a first-hand look at all the wonderful things that Annapolis has to offer.
Things to Do in Annapolis – Annapolis attractions and things to do and see.
Annapolis Waterfront Hotel The only waterfront hotel in Annapolis. This Autograph Collection hotel is a short walk from City Dock, the Naval Academy, and everything historic downtown Annapolis has to offer. Rooms on the waterfront side of the hotel have nice views of the Bay.
Historic Inns of Annapolis This collection of three historic inns is located in the center of historic downtown Annapolis. Properties include the Governor Calvert House, Maryland Inn, and Robert Johnson House.
Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis Located about five miles from historic downtown Annapolis and just half a mile from Annapolis Towne Center restaurants and shopping. Complementary breakfast.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Annapolis This Holiday Inn Express is on Riva Road, just a short distance from Route 50. The Annapolis Towne Centre shopping and dining area is nearby and historic downtown Annapolis is a 10 – 15 minute drive away.
This downtown hotel is pet-friendly and smoke-free. On-site hotel amenities include an indoor pool, fitness center, full-service spa, Starbucks cafe, and fine-dining restaurant.
Downtown Hotels – See Annapolis’ downtown hotels on a map.
Pet-Friendly Hotels – Find hotels that welcome your pets.
Bed & Breakfasts – Downtown and Annapolis area B&Bs.
Vacation Rentals – Stay in town or in the Annapolis vicinity with a vacation home rental.
More Information About Annapolis
- Official City of Annapolis Website. Calendar of events, a map of the city, and a bus schedule.
- Visit Annapolis. Annapolis and Anne Arundel County Visitors Bureau
- United States Naval Academy. The Navy’s Officer training school.
- Annapolis Yacht Club. Racing and cruising in the Annapolis area.
- Historic London Town. A 23 acre park located on the South River in Edgewater, Maryland.
- Annapolis Real Estate Listings. With an interactive real estate map.
- Annapolis Restaurants. Read customer reviews of restaurants in Annapolis.
- Annapolis Golf Courses. Golf course information and maps at TheGolfNexus.com.
- Annapolis Traveler Reviews and Hotel Deals. Read traveler reviews and find the best deals at TripAdvisor.com
Annapolis Municipal Information
- City of Annapolis website
- Information for residents
- Bus Routes and Schedules
- Annapolis Parking Information