Crisfield, in southern Somerset County, Maryland, is located at the mouth of the Little Annemessex River at Tangier Sound. Crisfield’s history is based in the seafood industry and the town features excellent seafood restaurants. Home to the annual National Hard Crab Derby, Crisfield is proud of its ties to the Chesapeake Bay.
Somers Cove Marina
Crisfield boasts one of the largest marinas on the East Coast, Somers Cove Marina, with 450 slips. In addition to having lots of transient slips, Somers Cove’s charter boats and head boats are ready to take you out on a fishing adventure.
Charter and head boat fishing opportunities are plentiful in Crisfield. Fishing is a primary form of recreation in this area and you’ll see lots of boats headed out into the Bay. Make arrangements for a charter or head boat (group fishing boats that charge by the person or “head”) and you’re bound to have a good time.
A City Built on Oyster Shells
A good part of Crisfield was actually built on oyster shells. Early homes were built on pilings over marshy land, but through the years that low-lying marshland was filled with oyster shells. Today’s town, from about mid-town to the town docks, plus the locations of many of the packing houses, are all sitting on a man-made bed of shells. Read more about Crisfield’s history.
Crisfield Attractions – Things to see and do in and around Crisfield, Maryland.
Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts Located in Crisfield
- My Fair Lady Bed and Breakfast. A fully renovated Queen Ann Victorian-style home. Five rooms with private baths.
- Marquis Manor Bed and Breakfast – Located in Crisfield’s historic area. Caters to outdoor activities for guests.
- Best Value Inn Crisfield (Somers Cove Motel). Somers Cove Motel is ideally located in the heart of Nautical Crisfield and adjacent to the famous Somers Cove Marina.
- Paddlewheel Motel Also known as Captain Tyler’s. Located in the center of town.
- More Crisfield area hotels and Bed & Breakfasts
Film by the Crisfield Chamber of Commerce
Featured Crisfield Vacation Rentals
Waterfront Crisfield Condo with Boat Slip – This three bedroom condo open and screened balcony space with water views, plus you can dock your boat in the provided boat slip.
More Crisfield Information
- Crisfield, MD – Official Crisfield, Maryland government website
- Traveler Reviews – See what fellow travelers have to say about Crisfield hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
- Somers Cove Marina – One of the largest marinas on the East Coast
- Janes Island State Park – Camping, boating, and nature
- Crisfield Real Estate Listings – With interactive map
- Crisfield Vacation Rentals – At HomeAway.com