Easton, located in Talbot County on Maryland’s Eastern Shore has plenty to offer visitors. Those who have traveled through the Easton area Route 50 may think of it as a convenient place to stop for something to eat or find a hotel for the night, which it is, but you’ll need to venture off the highway to discover the town’s true charms.
There’s a nice courthouse building (Easton is the County Seat) and lots of attractive architecture in the downtown historic district.
You’ll find quality entertainment at the Avalon Theatre – check out their website for a listing of upcoming concerts. And there are plenty of downtown shopping and antiquing opportunities.
Be sure to get outside and enjoy Easton’s beautiful Eastern Shore location. Outdoor recreation is available at the nearby Pickering Creek Audubon Center and Adkins Arboretum, plus a couple golf courses nearby.
Once a year the town hosts the world famous Easton Waterfowl Festival. Thousands of people make the trip to Easton for this annual event. Displays and demonstrations are held in a variety of venues throughout the town. It’s an event not to be missed.
Learn more about things to see and do around Easton, Maryland – Easton Attractions.
Places to Stay
Easton has a nice selection of accommodations for visitors. There are several chain hotels out on the highway, the historic Tidewater Inn hotel in-town, and a variety of bed & breakfast establishments.
The Tidewater Inn
Stay in Easton’s Historic downtown hotel.
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites – Free breakfast, free Wi-Fi. In-room microwave, mini-fridge, and DVD player.
More Easton Hotels
See more Easton area hotels and bed & breakfasts, with a location map.
- The Town of Easton, Maryland – Official town government site.
- Easton, Maryland – Tourism site with calendar of events, business directory, and more.
- Discover Easton – Easton Business Alliance website.
- Talbot County – Official tourism site for Talbot County, Maryland (Easton is in Talbot County).
- Waterfowl Festival – Official site for the annual Easton Waterfowl Festival.
- Easton Traveler Reviews at TripAdivisor.com