Saturday, February 3, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Half Moone Cruise Terminal
Norfolk , VA
Note: Please always check the event website to confirm event details.
This free Lego shipbuilding event is hosted by the Naval History & Heritage Command and the Hampton Roads Naval Museum. The event takes place Saturday, February 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Decker Half Moone Cruise Terminal on the Norfolk waterfront.
Some activities at the event include:
– Use STEM-based design plans to build ships (easy to expert) from the keel up in our shipyard of 200+ dry docks!
– Enter your own LEGO ship in the builders’ contest (homemade and museum-made ships accepted; however, all LEGOs owned by the museum MUST remain on-site). Ship contest entries must be in by 2pm.
– Hands-on robotic demonstrations and professional LEGO display models
– Free play areas for all ages (LEGOs and Duplos)
– Crafts for all ages
– A sensory (quieter space) room for alternative-need children