Chesapeake Bay Fishing Reports
There are multiple online Chesapeake Bay fishing reports available to choose from.
Follow the links below for reports from state agencies, fishing shops, charter captains, newspapers, and more.
- Maryland Chesapeake Bay and Tributaries Fishing report provided by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Fishing reports for Maryland waters updated weekly.
- Maryland Angler’s Log. User-submitted fishing reports with photos at the Maryland DNR website.
- Tidal Fish. Fishing reports include Maryland and Virginia portions of the Chesapeake Bay.
- PilotOnline. The Hampton Roads newspaper’s online edition includes fishing forecasts and fishing reports in their “Outdoors” section.
- Angler’s Sport Center Report – Detailed reports from Anglers Sports Center in Annapolis.
- Chris’ Bait and Tackle Fishing Reports. Reports from Cape Charles, Virginia on the southern Eastern Shore.
- Captain Hogg’s Fishing Report. Regular reports from a Chesapeake Bay charter operating out of Hampton, Va.
- Crabbe’s Fishing Reports. Reports from a lower Chesapeake Bay fishing charter operating from Virginia’s Northern Neck.
- Chesapeake Bay Light Tackle Fishing Reports. New reports are posted every week or so. Excellent blog posts with lots of fishing details.
- Dr. Julie Ball Weekly Report – Chesapeake Bay and off-shore reports.
- Green Top Fishing Report – Saltwater and freshwater reports from Green Top Fishing and Hunting in Ashland, VA
- Charlie Taylor’s Report – Detailed report covering the Bay and tributaries.
Note: The Virginia Marine Resources Commission has decided to discontinue their Saltwater Review fishing reports.
More Fishing Information
- Weather & Tides
- Fishing Regulations
- Fishing Tournaments
- Charter Fishing Boats
- Maps & Charts
- Chesapeake Bay Fish Species