Chesapeake Bay Marine Weather Forecasts from the National Weather Service
Weather on the Chesapeake Bay can change quickly. Always check the regional marine forecast before you go out boating.
There are several different regions for the Chesapeake Bay forecasts. You can use the map on this page to find the name of the region that you’re interested in.
NWS Marine Forecasts
- North of Pooles Island, MD
- Pooles Island to Sandy Point, MD
- Sandy Point to North Beach, MD
- North Beach to Drum Point, MD.
- Drum Point to Smith Point, VA
- Smith Point to Windmill Point, VA
- Windmill Point to New Point Comfort, VA.
- New Point Comfort to Little Creek, VA
- Little Creek to Cape Henry, VA (including the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel).
- Tangier Sound and inland waters surrounding Bloodsworth Island.
Map of Chesapeake Bay Marine Forecast Regions
- Tidal Potomac from Cobb Island, Md. to Smith Point, VA.
- Patapsco River including Baltimore Harbor.
- Chester River to Queenstown, MD
- Choptank River to Cambridge, MD (+ Little Choptank River)
- Patuxent River to Broome’s Island, MD
- Rappahannock River from Urbanna to Windmill Point, VA
- York River.
- James River from James River Bridge to Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel.
Visit our Weather and Tides page for additional weather information
Visit our Chesapeake Bay Fishing page for fishing info, reports, charters, and more