Visiting Chesapeake Beach, MD
Chesapeake Beach, in Calvert County Maryland, was founded by the Washington and Chesapeake Bay Railway Company in 1894 as a resort destination for visitors from the Washington D.C. area. It’s still a popular spot today, with the waterfront Rod N Reel Resort Hotel, a fleet of charter fishing boats, a water park, beautiful views, beach access, and several large marinas nearby.
Chesapeake Beach thrived as a destination resort during the early 1900’s. The train station that brought early visitors arrived to the area remains as a museum which recounts the history of the resort town.
Things to do in Chesapeake Beach include taking a charter fishing trip, going to the beach, visiting the Chesapeake Beach Railway Museum to learn about the area’s history, or cooling off at the Chesapeake Beach water park.
Chesapeake Beach Attractions – Things to do and see in Chesapeake Beach
Rod N Reel Resort
This is the hotel actually located in Chesapeake Beach, located next door to the Rod n Reel Marina.
Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick
The Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick is a 100% non-smoking hotel located about a 25 minute drive from Chesapeake Beach.
Find more places to stay nearby.
More Information About Chesapeake Beach
- Chesapeake Beach, MD – The official town of Chesapeake Beach website.
- Vacation Rentals – Chesapeake Beach vacation home listings at HomeAway.com
- More Vacation Rentals – Chesapeake Beach vacation home listings at VRBO.com
- Choose Calvert – Calvert County, Maryland’s official tourism website.
- Chesapeake Beach Real Estate
- Traveler Reviews at TripAdvisor.com